Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Abram's Birthday & More Ratty Fun

A very happy 26th birthday to Abram!!! We had an average day at the office, but they had cake for Abram there. Yeah! We enjoyed a nice evening at home. We grilled steaks and I made Abram's favorite carrot cake. This year's model was a chess board. Please ignore the lettering. I miscounted on the white blocks. Oh well! We had a great night!



And here are some more pics and movie clips of the boys. They are getting so BIG!! We're working on constructing a bigger, funner cage for them. But as of right now, they're enjoying the little playground we set up on the table. They love climbing up on the cage and running through the fleece tubes. We've also had fun hiding treats in spots that are tricky to get to. We are so impressed with how smart they are! :)






5 comments:

Paula said...

It's great to have birthdays to celebrate! The chessboard cake is awesome...especially since I know it's a yummy carrot cake inside. Actually it looks like a nightmare to create. How did you ever make distinct, straight-lined squares? I would have had the black and white and red all swirled together. You must have a steady hand. The birthday boy looks happpy and I noticed the big steak in the background. The beady-eyed boys are lookin' cute. Thanks for the videos. I like the way Butters' head pops in and out of the green tube and the way Moochie contemplates the edge and then suddenly hops back and also darts away with his treat.

Airie said...

The straight lines were created by first using a ruler and marking the sides. Then I took some thread, lined up the marks on each side, and made a line by pressing the thread down into the frosting. Piece of cake! ;)

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow, that was a cool cake. I tried to make a checkered cake 2 weeks ago for a YW activity I should have seen your first mine wasn't anywhere near as cool. Happy B-day to Abram

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

Looks like the little guys are enjoying themselves. Cool cake!! Maybe one day I'll be as crafty as you. How about we start with Spring Break and crocheting?

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Happy Birthday Abram!

..and Airie you are incredible.