Thursday, December 18, 2008

Keys to the Kingdom

So it's one of those mornings. Well, really, it all started last night. I received a payment from a client just as the office was closing. The accounting department upstairs (where the nice big safe is) had already left for the day. Hmm...what to do. I knew that my front desk drawer locked, so I threw it in there, locked it up, and then, stupidly, tossed the keys into one of my other drawers. Fast forward to this morning. I come in after a marvelous trek through the snow (yeck!), sit down and remember the check. I reach for the drawer with the keys. LOCKED. I try all the other drawers. LOCKED. Now, you tell me how I could lock a drawer, THEN place the keys in another drawer and THEN have that drawer lock too? I swear the office is cursed. Last week our phones went down for a day, then we had a power outage that threw our server for a whole day, then I almost lit myself (and the office) on fire when I found a cut wire on the Christmas tree I was putting up. And now, the mysterious drawer that locks the 2nd time it closes. *sigh* When working in a profession that has a stigma for having a certain "bimbo" quality, and in trying to disprove that stigma, I'm not doing so hot today. A locksmith is now on his way. Can I take my vacation now please?

4 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

ooh... that sucks, what a bummer, I'm sorry that happened to you. Those kinds of things happen to me too.

Michelle said...

Oh, I am sorry! And if it makes you feel any better, I know you are not one of those ditzy "bimbo" types, you are way smarter than that!
Dave and I had a walk down memory lane tonight. My cousin is in VHS Madrigals so we went to the friends and family concert...ahhh the memories. I remembered that we shared a locker in band hall...oh so fun! I really do love you!

Paula said...

Must be gremlins in your office. At least your desk isn't on a ferry boat! Office frustrations abound. If I leave my main office after about 5:15pm for a drink of water, etc., and forget to take my key, the door closes and locks behind me. I've had to hunt down cleaning staff to let me back in! Keys are such a bother...wouldn't it be great if we could do without them?

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

Ay, nena! Cual es el freaking problema con tu oficina? Pues, tal vez necesites una vacacion muy larga ahorita mismo. Cuidate, VOS!