Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Quintessential Query Queen


Enter your choice, Airie…..

And thus it has begun, finally. It has now been about 4 weeks since the dreaded CONVERSION, and I have finally used DIAD for real, for the first time. Yeah, real thrilling. It’s actually not too bad, but since we’re changing all our processes, people are looking for any excuse to unload responsibility. People in the building I’ve never even met before are now giving me their stuff to do. Apparently, anyone can claim that a problem should be handled by Queries. (I still say Rejections, btw). Anyway, it’s become an interesting study in human nature as I receive more and more things to do. If it can somehow be correlated to the phrase “this needs fixing,” it lands on my desk. Ah, well. We can’t all. We’ve been coming up with some fun acronyms for DIAD. Here’s a few:
Don’t Inquire Again, Dummy
Delicious Inconvenience And Drudgery
Did I Appreciate DOS?
Do Invertebrates Agonize Daily?

I invite you all to submit your own if you wish. It’s kinda fun. ;)

4 comments:

Paula said...

Hey QQQ, glad to hear you've finally been checked out on this software. And congrats on your new found popularity. Have lots of fun "making choices".

Here's 2 acronyms:
DIAD, It's A Dinosaur
DIAD, It's Airie's Delight

Here's Dad's contribution--a definition, not an acronym. (unbelievable!):
The diad is a structure in the cardiac myocyte located at the sarcomere Z-line. It is composed of a single t-tubule paired with a terminal cisterna of the sarcoplasmic reticulum. The diad plays an important role in excitation-contraction coupling by juxtaposing an inlet for the action potential near a source of Ca2+ ions. This way, the wave of depolarization can be coupled to calcium-mediated cardiac muscle contraction via the sliding filament mechanism. (Wikipedia)
(But of course it is!)

Baron said...

"terminal cisterna of the sarcoplasmic reticulum"?

(D)ude, (I)t's (A) (D)oughnut
(D)efinately (I)ntriguing (A)nd (D)esensitizing

Michele Sekaquaptewa said...

Do Injustice and Die!

briton said...

(nice screen shot)

Did I Afix Diaper?
Don't Inconvenience A Droid
Dive Into A Dumpster
Drive Into A Ditch
Dimble Itch Alpha Dunker
Did It Arrive Dead?
Dangerous Insect At Dawn
Dumpy Igloo Already Damp
Don't Insist, AlfreD
Dime In A Dozen